Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Illegal Aliens In My Yard Song Parody Of Feliz Navidad Ignites Controversy

Anti-immigrant lyrics of song "Illegal Aliens In My Yard," a parody of "Feliz Navidad" brewing controversy over the Holidays

December 23, 2009

(HNNUSA) The bigoted burlesque mocking song geared to undocumented immigrants entitled "Illegal Aliens In My Yard," was posted in early December in a podcast format at Human Events  www.humanevents.com, a right wing web site where you could have listen to the offensive version of the famed Christmas carol originally called "Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas" by Jose Feliciano.
By late Wednesday night, the Human Events web site administrators had pulled the anti-immigrant song reciting "Illegals in my Yard" three times, the chorus is followed by the sentence: "Throw them some pesos and they work so hard."
Jose Feliciano on Wednesday said, "Feliz Navidad" lyrics were written and sang in both Spanish and English for everyone to enjoy during the Holidays. Feliciano condemn the Anti-immigrant version.
Website editor Jed Babbin apologized Wednesday and said the song would be removed from the Human Events site. The link to the song's page was no longer available by Thursday. "We regret any offence that Mr. Feliciano may have taken from this parody, Babbin said. However, copies of the Human Events site "Illegals In My Yard" parody posting appeared on Youtube.
The parody is one more of the many productions of Talk Radio Network’s Matt Fox and AJ Rice’s "The Fox and Rice Experience."

Listen to "Illegal Aliens in my Yard" song
in Youtube: http://bit.ly/6pUhw5

Full Youtube version:
Song Lyrics:

"Illegal Aliens in My Yard"

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Throw then some pesos and they work so hard

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
I don’t even ask if they got green card

They’re going to pave up my driveway this Christmas
They’re going to clean all my cars this Christmas
They’re going to shovel all the snow this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

They’re going to dig me a pool this Christmas
They’re going to landscape my law this Christmas
They’re going to cook me up some tacos this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Sixteen arrive in a stolen car

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
When they’re not working, they sit at the bar

They’re going to drink some cervezas this Christmas
They’re going to shoot some tequila this Christmas
They’re going to get DUIs this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

They’re getting free organ transplants this Christmas
They’re going to have anchor babies this Christmas
They’re going to scream “sí, se puede” this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
One at a time run past those border guards

Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Illegals in my yard
Hugo Chavez sends his kind regards

They’re going to tackle Pat Buchanan this Christmas
They’re going to chase down Lou Dobbs this Christmas
They’re going to join up with La Raza this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

They’re going to spread bubonic plague this Christmas
They’re going to bring me lots of bed bugs this Christmas
They’re going to pass tuberculosis this Christmas
Those illegals in my yard

OFFICIAL STATEMENT


Jose Feliciano’s Grammy Hall of Fame iconic Christmas Classic, “Feliz Navidad,” has oftentimes over the years been the subject of light-hearted parody. That I actually a compliment, of sorts. Recently, however, a mean-spirited version has surfaced which demands our attention. Without our wanting to “give it legs” per se, by justifying it with a response, we need to issue the following statement:
“Upon hearing a parody regarding the heated topic of the illegal immigration situation in America, Jose and his Team are revolted beyond words. ‘This song has always been a bridge to the cultures that are so dear to me, never as a vehicle for a political platform of racism and hate. It’s disgusting and my only wish that my song and I are distanced from the whole affair as soon as possible.’ –Jose Feliciano”
* Posted by josenews at 12:23:36 in Archives

Jose Feliciano gets apology from Human Events site editor, a right wing group who first posted the parody. http://bit.ly/cC7du5

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

No comments: